WASHINGTON (JCHAYWARD.COM) –It’s that time of year again: The Holiday Season. To celebrate the wonderful season, Charm Decor owner, Ameenah Hyman, joined Andrea Roane on Wednesday to prepare a few homemade sweet treats including Sugar Cookie sandwiches filled with Strawberry Butter Cream, Sugar Cookie Lollipops, and Sugar Cookie Cherry Thumbprints drizzled with White Chocolate for the spectacular holiday.
Hyman showed us how to create Christmas Sugar Cookie Lollipops for the whole family to enjoy.
1. Take Sugar Cookie Dough and roll into ball. You can make cookie dough from scratch or buy in store.
2. Take bottom of glass and flatten dough ball halfway.
3. Once ball is flattened, take popsicle stick and insert into cookie dough.
4. Once you do that, insert Sugar Cookie Lollipop into oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
5. Once its cool, take royal icing that you buy at craft store to decorate the cookie.
6. If you’d like to make the icing for a dozen cookies, use 5 egg whites, 6-7 cups of powdered sugar and two tablespoons of vanilla extract.
7. Add food dye to icing to make fun colors for decorating. After you
decorate, let the cookies cool overnight and then serve!
Hyman specializes in mini desserts for parties and events. For more information about Charm Decor, visit the website.