Chef Shon Kendrick from Water’s Edge Italian Grill at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge, Md. joined JC Hayward on Tuesday to prepare a delicious pan-seared Rockfish dish.
Chef Shon Kendrick’s Pan-seared Rockfish dish with Crispy Confit Yukon Gold Potatoes, Three Bean Ragu & Tangerine Gastrique below!
Three Bean Ragu
- 1 cup dark red kidney beans
- 1 cup of black beans
- 1 cup of white kidney beans
- 1/2 cupof diced Spanish chorizo
- 1 oz. freshly chopped thyme
- 1 oz. of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 oz. of freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 oz. of unsalted butter
- 3 oz. of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbls of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- In a sauce pot add the oil and bring up to light smoke. Add the chorizo and saute’ to make sure to not over brown the chorizo. Turn down the heat to medium low and render the chorizo till crispy. Once crispy, add the herbs and the beans to the pot. Stir till incorporated. Add the butter and mix till the butter is melted through. Now just before you are ready to plate, season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 2 each tangerine juiced
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a small pot, add the honey and bring to a boil. Once to a boil, add the other ingredients and cook down to a thicker consistency. Now to prevent the sauce from becoming a jelly keep warm and serve.
Crispy Confit Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 each Yukon gold potato cut in 1/4 inch disks
- 3 cups olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 each garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons whole Black peppercorns
- Place all the ingredients into a shallow pot and then place on the stove on a low heat. Once the potatoes are al dente, remove them from the oil and then place into a hot skillet to sear. Once the potatoes are a golden brown, turn over to the other side and sear that side to a golden brown. Remove from pan and season with salt and serve.
- Place Rockfish on skillet on medium heat. When you see the white smoke coming off the corner of the pan, leave the fish alone and place in the oven to sear. Once its in the oven for about two-three minutes its ready to prepare.